The innovative CombiFuel®-technology from CombiFuel Swiss AG has already been successfully installed in several vehicles and tested over hundreds of thousands of kilometers. It has been designed in such a way that it can theoretically be applied to almost any commercially available combustion engine, regardless of whether it is gasoline- or diesel-powered.
In the future, CombiFuel® will be sold exclusively through selected partners, qualified workshops and brand representatives. Thanks to worldwide approval in the future, the unique advantages of CombiFuel® will soon be available to a very large customer base.
In the near future, the CombiFuel® technology will make it possible to run the internal combustion engine without gasoline or diesel. The technology is well prepared for the future, as alternative fuels such as (bio)LPG (Bio Liquified Petroleum Gas) and (r)DME (Renewable Dimethyl Ether) will come into use.
With its unique mix of fuel cost savings and emission reductions, CombiFuel® offers all vehicle segments a real and timely viable alternative.
CombiFuel® in a nutshell
With the CombiFuel® retrofit solution, combustion engines (gasoline or diesel) are retrofitted to run in the future primarily on (bio)LPG and/or (r)DME. Gasoline engines (with spark ignition) can be powered exclusively by (bio)LPG and/or (r)DME (depending on the version of the installed system). Diesel engines (with compression ignition, no spark plugs) still require a certain amount of diesel in order to obtain a mixture that is ignitable under pressure. The aim is to reduce the proportion of diesel as far as possible, or to replace it with another alternative fuel.
With CombiFuel®, new & existing vehicles (existing engines), passenger & commercial vehicles can be easily and permanently retrofitted to massively better emission values. Installation ex production plant (OEM) would also be possible.
For more information on the areas of application click here
CombiFuel® – The alternative powertrain technology
Here are just a few unique selling points:
- A condensing boiler module detects the liquid gas mixing ratio e.g. (propane / butane); unique in the world.
- The CFS control unit is OBD-compatible.
- The CFS control unit works adaptively.
- Plug and Play system, thanks to the self-developed wiring harness and component holder.
- LAB 68 Fluid optionally integrated to protect the valve seat inserts.
- Evaporator / pressure regulator TYPE 1 can be used up to an engine output of 750 HP.
- And much more …
CombiFuel® is a newly developed alternative powertrain system which can be applied to almost all existing diesel or gasoline engines. The system enables savings of selected pollutant emissions by up to 95 % (depending on engine & fuel combination, emission type and emission standard) and of fuel costs by up to 50 % (depending on price level per country). In order to be able to implement the idea of our Green Revolution into reality, by applying our technology we are furthermore pursuing the goal of operating conventional combustion engines without fossil fuels such as gasoline or diesel. Only renewable fuels such as BioLPG or rDME would come into use.
CombiFuel® is certified according to the strictest UN ECE standards. Homologation for road traffic is always based on one engine family.
- CombiFuel® pursues the goal of being able to operate conventional combustion engines (gasoline and diesel-powered) with the alternative fuels (bio)LPG or (r)DME. The realization of this project would lead to a high degree of flexibility for end users and at the same time also bring about the highest possible benefit in terms of climate neutrality and general reduction of emission levels in global mobility.
- World‘s first and only universally applicable retrofit solution
- Significant improvement in terms of achieving the defined climate targets
- Enormous savings in the area of CO2 penalty taxes
- Minimized risk for possible driving bans
- Massive increase in efficiency and competitiveness
- Significant reduction in total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Vehicle and manufacturer independent
- Realization in standardized OEM quality possible
- Plug & Play
- Over 6ˈ300 service stations in Germany
- Ca. 32ˈ000 in Europe
- In the future, CombiFuel Swiss AG will work with partners such as Vitogaz AG to expand (bio)LPG filling stations in Switzerland.
- (r)DME is approved as a fuel in the USA and is already available for commercial test vehicles at selected locations with filling stations. In the EU, the approval phase for (r)DME as a recognized fuel is still underway. For example, the first filling station was put into operation in Germany in summer 2021, as a cooperation project between Ford Europe / SHV Energy / Primagas for research purposes. We estimate that this is just the beginning. A site expansion will certainly follow in the next few years. In the future, CombiFuel Swiss AG will work with partners such as Vitogaz AG to expand (r)DME filling stations in Switzerland.
- Easy integration into leasing models
- No conversions required for the end user, no noticeable differences to the series production powertrain
- Penalty taxes
- Highway tolls (Example Switzerland: LSVA – performance-based heavy vehicle fee)
- Vehicle taxes
- Vehicle insurance premiums
3 questions that will convince you of CombiFuel®
The process of combustion deserves the designation «environmentally friendly» because we help to avoid so-called greenhouse gases. What cannot be produced in the flame in the first place during combustion is not released into the environment. In principle, LPG liquid gas consists of the high-purity components propane and butane (mixing ratio varies greatly depending on season and country). Both gases have short carbon chains compared to diesel or petrol fuels. In combination with the additive added by CombiFuel®, these fuels burn almost residue-free. Post-cleaning in the classic sense is no longer necessary to the same extent because emissions such as CO, HC, NOX, particles or fine dust are almost completely avoided. The amount of CO2 produced is usually up to 40% less.
LPG (liquefied petroleum gas) is available at up to 32,000 filling stations in Europe. So there is no need to worry about range or infrastructure. Refuelling is very easy and can be done in a few minutes. The process is similar to the normal refuelling with other fuels. The risks involved in using LPG (liquefied petroleum gas) are comparatively much lower than with natural gas or hydrogen propulsion systems. In these applications, enormous pressures of 200 or over 400 bar are used. In addition, certain cells have to be cooled at great expense. All this is not the case with LPG (liquefied petroleum gas). The pressures range between 8-16 bar on average.
CombiFuel Swiss AG is dedicated to clean combustion and not to the post-cleaning of emissions. After 5 years of research, the CombiFuel® engineers have succeeded in achieving this goal. (How it all began) The results of many tests have shown that the vision of zero emissions now seems not too far away. Development continues relentlessly to improve the technology in the interests of the environment.
At CombiFuel Swiss AG, we have oriented ourselves to the needs of our target groups right from the start. Maximum compatibility, top performance, durable components and easy installation are our established core values in the development, production, distribution and installation of the system. Our entire value chain is designed to comply with the latest ISO standards. This way, we ensure an optimum, high-quality supply, in which every customer experiences the highest possible satisfaction with CombiFuel® in terms of processing, environmental friendliness and user-friendliness.